I’ll blame my social awkwardness for greeting November in the middle of the month, but yay, it’s finally here! If I had to chose my favourite month of the season, it is definitely this one! I like when all the leaves are already coloured and I like when it’s a proper autumn-y sweater weather – chilly. You just gotta love warm sweaters, I cannot help it!
And now to the point, I bet lots of you, as me, have a playlist that you only listen to during a certain time of the year because it’s just a right mood for that, you know what I mean? It’s like trying to listen to Christmas songs in May, it just doesn’t make any sense! I know it may seem it’s a little bit (2 months haha) late to talk about the seasonal playlist, but better late than never, right? 🙂
I want to share some tracks I like to get back to during autumn and I do it for years now. Will post them bellow, just click on the picture of the album to be linked to YouTube.
I believe it’s a nice tradition to keep certain songs to a certain part of the year. It’s nice, even though it might make us feel a bit sad at times, but it’s ok, that’s what nostalgia does. 🙂
Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in you or the world, that one song stays the same, just like that moment. Which is pretty amazing, when you actually think about it.
– Sarrah Dessen, Just Listen
I hope you will find some tracks to add to your playlists and if you know some of them already – I’m happy we have something in common. 🙂 And please do let me know if you have any of your favourites! Enjoy, peeps. 🙂
- Guns’n’Roses – November Rain (1992)
- Bruce Springsteen – Streets of Philadelphia (1994)
- Apocalyptica feat. Linda Sundblad – Faraway Vol. 2 (2003)
- From Autumn To Ashes – Autumns Monologue (2003)
- Bon Iver – Blindsided (2007)
- Billie Myers – Kiss The Rain (1997)
- Cat Power – Good Woman (2003)
- Jamie Cullum – All At Sea (2003)
- Flyleaf – Supernatural (-)
- Gary Jules – Mad World (2003)
- Prince – Purple Rain (1984)
That’s all for today 🙂 I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did listening them all through once again. 🙂
Stay happy and stay warm!
Lots of love,